- Ships and convoys belonging to the Argentine Navy or Coasguard.
- Ships, convoys and dredgers under foreign flag, that due to international treaties may sail without a local Pilot or with a foreign one.
- Non propelled integrated river convoys under any tow system provided drafts of the component units do not exceed limiting exemption lengths and draughts.
- Argentine dredgers, dump barges, buoyage tending craft, without limits to draft and/or length.
- Argentine vessels (or foreign vessels covered by decree 1772/91) under command of an argentine Master who must have made 12 entrances and 12 departures during the previous 24 months.
- Vessels involved in scientific investigation, technical or other tasks, subject to the criteria of the Coastguard.
- River convoys under Argentine flag, provided their overall length and draft do not surpass exemption limits.
- Within ports, provided a ship is to only shift alongside berth with its own lines, without use of tugs or own propulsion and subject to the authorization from the Coastguard provided there is no risk towards themselves and third parties.
- In between Zona Común and the nearby lightening zone only Argentine flag vessels are exempted from taking on a Pilot.
All vessels exempted from carrying a Pilot, may request their services if so desired, and are thus to comply with all regulations of this service.